Blog

Tricks and Treats

Halloween is a fun holiday for humans large and small, but it can be very stressful for Two Jack-o-lanternssome pooches! Even if they’re able to bear their silly costumes with dignity, they might find the steady stream of small strangers coming to the door as ghosts and goblins unnerving.

After the trick-or-treating is done, there are usually still treats around! Many Halloween candies are not so great for pups, no matter how much they want them. Although most fun-sized chocolate candies contain so little actual chocolate that there’s little fear of toxicity, the excessive amounts of sugar can still upset a dog’s digestion and lead to unpleasant diarrhea. In addition, plastic and foil wrappers, if swallowed can obstruct the GI track and lead to potentially serious complications.

Here’s to a happy, spooky, and safe Halloween for you and your pups!

Tags: , ,